Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Influence

This picture is painted by Norman Rockwell. He was an illustrator/painter during the the early 20's to early 70's and designed the cover for the Saturday Evening Post. All of his paintings tell a story whether it's going to the high  school prom, being drafted into the army or an outing to a baseball game. His paintings have influenced me because they are so detailed and full of life. They can literally put a smile on your face or put tears in your eyes. He does this by adding and excessive amount of detail. In my work I try to reflect Rockwell's usage of detail and his excellent skill of putting together interesting compositions . I love paintings and artwork that make you feel any kind of emotion. And whenever I look at any artwork done by Norman Rockwell, some kind of emotion overwhelms me and pulls me into the time period as if I were sitting next to the figures in the painting. 

No comments: